Ebsta's Forecast Insights Hierarchy is based on your Forecast Hierarchy configuration in Salesforce. Forecast Hierarchy lists your forecast users and determines how their forecasts roll up through your company. When you assign someone as a forecast manager, all forecasts and adjustments from the manager’s subordinates in the hierarchy roll up into the manager’s forecasts.
User Role Hierarchy
To set up your Forecast Hierarchy you first need to have set up your User Role Hierarchy in Salesforce. We recommend referring to these articles from Salesforce if you haven't set this up already:
Viewing & Editing Roles
With your user role hierarchy set up you can now configure your Forecast Hierarchy.
Setting up Forecast Hierarchy in Salesforce
1. Click the Gear icon and click Setup.
2. Type forecasts hierarchy in the Quick Find box and select Forecasts Hierarchy.
3. Check the Expand All to see the available roles.
4. Click Enable Users.
5. Move users between the Available Users and the Enabled Users lists and click Save when you are finished.
6. To select a forecast manager for each manager role in the hierarchy, click Assign Manager next to the role.
7. Select a name from the Forecast Manager dropdown list and then click Save.
8. Repeat steps 4 - 7 for each Role type.