Requirements: Connection of mailboxes using a service account requires Administrator rights.
An Administrator can connect mailboxes to Ebsta using a service account for central mailbox management and data processing.
If you haven't already connected your service account, please follow steps one of these articles:
If you are not using a service account, mailboxes need to connected by the users themselves by following steps in this article:
1. Open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link and sign in with your Salesforce credentials:
2. Click the Settings button in the top right-hand corner and select User Management.
3. Click Add Mailboxes under the service account connection information.
4. Enter the email addresses that you wish to connect into the text box. Alternatively you can upload a CSV file (one email address per row) and click Confirm.
5. Each mailbox will appear in a new row in the user table and will be automatically assigned to a Salesforce user (if they match to a single user by email address) .
Please note, it may take up to a 1 minute for the mailboxes to display and you may need to refresh the page.
The service account display will update to show the number of mailbox connections the service account is managing.
6. To start the connected mailboxes syncing to Ebsta (Team Sync), check the box alongside the mailboxes you wish to begin syncing (or click the check box in the top left of the table to select all mailboxes in the table).
7. This opens up the user setting panel, click Start alongside Sync Email to Ebsta.
Please note you will not be able to start a sync on mailboxes that haven't been assigned to a Salesforce user. The start sync button will appear greyed out in this instance. To assign a mailbox to a user follow the steps below:
Why is a mailbox not assigned to a Salesforce user?
When mailboxes are connected, Ebsta automatically assigns each mailbox to a Salesforce user if they match to a single user by email address. Mailboxes that do not meet this criteria will display like this:
You will need to follow the instructions below to assign them manually. Without completing this step you will not be able to start a sync of the mailbox.
1. Check the box alongside the mailbox row in the user table to open up the User Setting panel.
2. Click Reassign mailboxes.
3. Click Reassign mailboxes individually.
4. Use the search function to search for a user to assign the mailbox to.
5. When you have found the Salesforce user, click on the user to select it and then click Save.
6. Add Salesforce User will been replaced by the Salesforce user's name in the user table.
Why doesn't the mailbox I've added appear in the User table?
If a mailbox doesn't appear in the user table, download the Last Mailbox Import report to check the mailbox imported correctly. If the mailbox did not import successfully, please check that your service account has access to this mailbox.
Why can't I start an Email or Calendar Sync for a mailbox?
Firstly, service account mode needs to be turned on for both these services before the Administrator has the ability to manage these on behalf of users.
For more information, please refer to these articles:
Secondly, these sync services require the Salesforce user to log into Ebsta's Console using the following link to authorize access to their Salesforce account - even if service account mode is on for these services.
Without the user doing this when you select a mailbox from the user table, the start/stop buttons for these services will be greyed out and not clickable.