Requirements: Connection of mailboxes via a service account, assigning licences etc requires Administrator rights.
This article covers onboarding new users to Ebsta when you are using a service account for mailbox management.
If you are not using a service account to manage mailbox connections and are wanting to onboard new users to Ebsta please refer to this article:
- Step 1: Connect mailboxes to Ebsta
- Step 2: Assign mailboxes to Salesforce users
- Step 3: Assign Licences to users
- Step 4: Review Team assignment
- Step 5: Start sync of mailboxes to Ebsta (Team Sync)
- Step 6: Calendar/Email Sync connections
Step 1: Connect mailboxes to Ebsta
1. Open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link and sign in with your Salesforce credentials:
2. Click the Settings button in the top right-hand corner and select User Management.
3. Click Add mailboxes under the service account connection information.
4. Enter the email addresses that you wish to connect into the text box. Alternatively you can upload a CSV file (one email address per row) and click Confirm.
5. Each mailbox will appear in a new row in the user table. Please note, it may take up to a 1 minute for the mailboxes to display and you may need to refresh the page.
The service account display will also update to show the number of mailbox connections the service account is managing.
If a mailbox doesn't appear in the user table, download the Last Mailbox Import report to check the mailbox imported correctly. If the mailbox did not import successfully, please check that your service account has access to this mailbox.
Step 2: Assign mailboxes to Salesforce users
When mailboxes are connected, Ebsta automatically assigns each mailbox to a Salesforce user if they match to a single user by email address. Mailboxes that do not meet this criteria will display like this:
If the mailbox is assigned to a Salesforce user you can skip this step. If not, you will need to follow the instructions below to assign them manually. Without completing this step you will not be able to start a sync of the mailbox.
1. Check the box alongside the mailbox row in the user table to open up the User Setting panel.
2. Click Reassign mailboxes.
3. Click Reassign mailboxes individually.
4. Use the search function to search for a user to assign the mailbox to.
5. When you have found the Salesforce user, click on the user to select it and then click Save.
6. Add Salesforce User will been replaced by the Salesforce user's name in the user table.
Step 3: Assign Licences to users
1. Check that you have licences available to assign in Licence Summary.
2. Use the dropdown menu in the Licence column alongside the user(s) to select a licence to assign to them.
Step 4: Review Team assignment
Initially each user is assigned to an Ebsta Team based on their Salesforce Profile. To amend the Team that the user is a part of:
1. Check the box alongside the user in the table to open up the User Setting panel.
2. Click the down arrow alongside Team to select a new Team from the list. You will need to de-select the current Team that is checked (unless you want them to be assigned to both Teams.)
More information about creating new Teams, adding users to multiple Teams etc can be found in this article:
Step 5: Start sync of mailboxes to Ebsta (Team Sync)
Once the mailbox is connected you can start a sync of emails to Ebsta (Team Sync).
1. Check the box alongside the mailbox(es) row(s) in the user table to open up the User Setting panel.
2. Click Start alongside Sync Email to Ebsta.
3. The connection status for this service will turn green.
Step 5: Calendar/Email Sync connections
Ebsta's two other sync services; Email sync (emails being natively added as Tasks in the Activity History against Salesforce objects) and Calendar Sync (Events from the mailbox Calendar syncing to/from Salesforce) both require the Salesforce user to log into Ebsta's Console to authorize access to their Salesforce account. This is still the case where the service account mode is on for these services.
Without the user doing this when you select a mailbox from the user table, the start/stop buttons for these services will be greyed out and not clickable.
1. Instruct the user to log into Ebsta's Console using the following link:
2. Once the user has completed this step, you will be able to start the sync services for both these services as you did for Team sync.