Ebsta Team will automatically alert you to Missing Contacts on an Account, and Data Changes on leads and Contacts.
How to Setup Missing Contact Alerts
You'll need to be a Salesforce Administrator, or have the necessary permissions to create new Custom Fields against Accounts, to set-up alerts. If you don't, please contact your Salesforce Administrator.
- In Salesforce, go to Setup and search for Object Manager. Click on the Account Object.
2. Click Fields & Relationships and then click New.
3. Select a Number field and click Next.
4. Give it an appropriate Field Label and Field Name (ie Missing Contacts) and then click Next.
5. Add the appropriate Field Level Security and then click Next.
6. Choose to add to the appropriate Account Page Layout(s) and then click Save & New.
7. This time select a Date field and click Next
- Give it an appropriate Field Label and Field Name (ie Missing Contacts Found) and then click Next.
- Add the appropriate Field Level Security and then click Next.
- Choose to add to the appropriate Account Page Layout(s) and then click Save.
How to Setup Out-of-Date Data Alerts
The process is the same to set up Alerts for Out-of-Date Data on Leads and/or Contacts.
- Create a suitably named Number field for Data Alerts, and a suitably named Date field for Data Alerts Found, on the Contact and/or Lead Object(s).
- Once complete, please email email@example.com and include the following information:
- Object Name(s) (e.g. Contact Object)
- Field API Name(s) (e.g. Missing_Contacts__c)
Note: The Field API Name can be found by clicking Setup > Object Manager > Account, Contact or Lead Object > Fields & Relationships. The API Name is under the Field Name column (e.g. "Missing_Contacts__c).
- We'll be in touch as soon as it is setup.
Ebsta will then automatically update the fields with a number of Missing Contacts and when the last one was found on an Account, and a number of Data Changes on a Lead/Contact and when the last one was found. You can use those fields to create reports to allow users to manage their data quality, and management to oversee that it is being done as detailed in this knowledge base article [Link].