This article guides you through the process of connecting your mailbox to Calendar Sync so that events in your Salesforce and Outlook calendars are automatically synced.
Gmail user? Set up a sync of your Salesforce and Google Calendars by following instructions in this article:
Set up Calendar Sync
1. In Outlook, click the Ebsta button in the Home menu to open the Ebsta side panel.
If you are using Outlook online, click New Message and at the bottom of the compose pane, click the Ebsta button to open the Ebsta side panel.
2. Click the menu button in the Ebsta side panel and select Control Panel to open up Ebsta's Console in a new browser tab.
Alternatively, open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
3. Click Connect with Salesforce and log into your Salesforce account.
4. Click the Settings button in the bottom left-hand corner.
5. Select Calendar Sync from the side menu.
6. Click the Set up Sync Between Salesforce and Office365 Account (OAuth) button.
7. Sign in to your Microsoft Account with your username and password.
Now you have the opportunity to adjust the sync process to your requirements.
8. By default, the sync includes recurring events and private events. If you do not wish them to be included, check the tick box(es).
9. By default, all calendars are included in the sync process and Events will sync both ways or bi-directionally. Use the check boxes to determine which way you wish the sync to run - either sync events from Outlook to Salesforce or from Salesforce to Outlook or both ways. If you uncheck both boxes next to a calendar, it will be excluded from the sync process.
In the example below, the main calendar is set to sync both ways and the second calendar from Outlook to Salesforce only.
10. When you are happy with your set up, click Add Settings with Preview.
11. Ebsta displays a preview of the Events that will sync for each of your Calendars. If you are happy, click Save Sync. If not, click Back to adjust your set up.
12. The sync process will commence within 5 minutes and will run an automatic re-sync every 5 minutes from then on. Ebsta will display the status of the sync as Active and the date and time of the last sync.