By creating a Custom Field in Salesforce, you can identify emails that have been synced by Ebsta from Outlook to Salesforce. This is useful for reporting purposes and to eliminate duplication of emails that are added manually or by other connected systems.
Create a Custom Field in Salesforce.
1. Click the Gear icon and click Setup.
2. Click Object Manager
5. Click New.
You now need to set the value of this Field as being 'True' by default when Ebsta syncs to Salesforce.
Set Custom Field to 'True' in Ebsta
1. In Outlook, click the Ebsta button in the Home menu to open the Ebsta side panel.
If you are using Outlook online, click New Message and at the bottom of the compose pane, click the Ebsta button to open the Ebsta side panel.
2. Click the menu button in the Ebsta side panel and select Control Panel to open up Ebsta's Console in a new browser tab.
Alternatively, open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
3. Click Connect with Salesforce and log into your Salesforce account.
5. Select Email Sync from the side menu.
9. Check the tick box next to the field to set its value as 'True' and click Save.