In order for Ebsta to record the direction emails were sent (Inbound / Outbound) when syncing to Salesforce you need to have created two Activity Custom Fields (Inbound/Outbound) and added them to your Task Page Layout in Salesforce.
Create an Activity Custom Field in Salesforce.
1. Click the Gear icon and click Setup.
2. Click Object Manager
3. Click Activity.
4. Click Fields & Relationships.
5. Click New.
6. Select Checkbox as the Data Type and click Next.
7. Name the Field 'Inbound', leave the default value as 'Unchecked' and click Next.
8. Select which profiles you wish to grant edit access to this field and click Next.
9. By default, the new field will be added to both your Event and Task layout. If you wish to change this use the check boxes*. Click Save & New.
* You need to have the field added to your Task Page Layout in order to record the Inbound/Outbound direction of emails in Salesforce.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 for 'Outbound' and click Save.
11. Salesforce Administrators now need to ensure these two new fields are mapped correctly in Ebsta's Email Sync setup. Refer to step 12 in the following article:
Sync emails from Outlook to Salesforce: An Administrator Guide