This article guides Administrators on how to set up an automatic sync of emails to Salesforce for all users. This article covers:
Email Sync Set up
1. In Outlook, click the menu button in the Ebsta side panel and select Control Panel to open up Ebsta's Console in a new browser tab.
Alternatively, open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
(You will be asked to sign in with your Salesforce credentials)
2. Click Settings in the bottom left-hand corner and select Email Sync.
3. By default, Admin Mode will be set to OFF. With Admin mode off you will just be setting up Email Sync for your mailbox. To set up Email Sync for all connected mailboxes, Admin Mode will need to be set to ON.
4. Chose an Object from the dropdown list (either Contact, Lead or Account). This is the Object that Ebsta will relate emails to in Salesforce. In this example, Contact has been selected. By default, the Object is DISABLED. Click this button to set it to ENABLED.
Note: At least one Object needs to be enabled for the sync process to work.
5. By default, the sync process uses the Email address field to match emails to Contact records. You can select another Email field from the dropdown menu. You can also add more fields for an "OR" match by clicking the + button and select a field from the dropdown menu.
Advanced users: Additional Match Logic allows you to add extra logic for matching or ignoring certain records by entering your own SOQL which will be appended to the Ebsta match query.
6. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
7. Repeat steps 4, 5 & 6 for other Objects you wish Ebsta to relate emails to.
8. Next, click on the Mapping tab.
9. Listed here are each of the Email fields* that will be mapped to your Task fields in Salesforce. Use the dropdown menu to customise the mapping to your requirements. If there is a field that you do not wish to be mapped, select NOT SET from the menu.
Note: Subject Line Prefix lets you set a prefix to the subject line of any email that is synced into Salesforce.
* For Ebsta to record the direction an email was sent (Inbound / Outbound) when it syncs to Salesforce you need to create two Activity Custom Fields called 'Inbound' and 'Outbound' and add them to your Task Page Layout in Salesforce. If you haven't already done this, follow the instructions in this article:
We also recommend creating an Activity Custom Field in Salesforce that identifies the emails synced from Outlook to Salesforce by Ebsta for reporting purposes. To do this, please follow instructions in this article:
10. If you wish to map additional fields, click the + button and select the Salesforce field you wish to map from the dropdown menu and either type in a value or select a value from the dropdown.
11. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
12. Next, click on the Blacklisting tab.
13. Specify any email domains you wish to exclude from the sync process. For example, you may want to exclude your own domain. When you are finished, click Add Domain.
Specify any email addresses you wish to exclude from the sync process. When you are finished click Add Email Address.
Note: If you make a mistake or wish to remove a domain or address, click the trash can icon next to the domain/address you wish to remove.
14. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
Now that you have completed the set up process, Users are ready to connect their mailboxes to begin syncing their emails. Instructions for users to connect their mailboxes are contained in the following article:
Email Sync Management
On the mailboxes tab on the Email Sync setup page, Ebsta displays a list of all mailboxes that have connected to Email Sync, the last sync update and the current status of their sync.
By default, Ebsta displays a list of mailboxes with an active sync.
You can use the filter to change the display.
Above Ebsta is displaying a list of all mailboxes that have connected to Email Sync, the last column details the date of the last sync and the sync status for that mailbox:
|Sync is active|
|Sync is not working due to error*|
|Sync has been stopped by user|
* This error occurs when there has been a password change. The mailbox needs to be reconnected by clicking the Add Office365 Mailbox (OAuth) button.
You can re-start the sync of any mailbox that has stopped syncing by clicking the down arrow alongside the mailbox and then clicking Start Syncing Mailbox.
You can stop the sync of any mailbox by clicking the down arrow alongside the mailbox and then clicking Stop Syncing Mailbox.