This article guides Administrators on how to set up an automatic sync of emails to Salesforce for all users. This article covers:
Email Sync Set up
1. In Outlook, click the Ebsta button in the Home menu to open the Ebsta side panel.
If you are using Outlook online, click New Message and at the bottom of the compose pane, click the Ebsta button to open the Ebsta side panel.
2. Click the menu button in the Ebsta side panel and select Control Panel to open up Ebsta's Console in a new browser tab.
Alternatively, open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
3. Click Sign in with Salesforce and log into your Salesforce account.
4. Click the Settings button in the bottom left-hand corner.
5. Select Email Sync from the side menu.
6. By default, Admin Mode will be set to OFF. With Admin mode off you will just be setting up Email Sync for your mailbox. To set up Email Sync for all connected mailboxes, Admin Mode will need to be set to ON.
7. Chose an Object from the dropdown list (either Contact, Lead or Account). This is the Object that Ebsta will relate emails to in Salesforce. In this example, Contact has been selected. By default, the Object is DISABLED. Click this button to set it to ENABLED. At least one Object needs to be enabled for the sync process to work.
8. By default, the sync process uses the Email address field to match emails to Contact records. You can select another Email field from the dropdown menu. You can also add more fields for an "OR" match by clicking the + button and select a field from the dropdown menu.
Advanced users: Additional Match Logic allows you to add extra logic for matching or ignoring certain records by entering your own SOQL which will be appended to the Ebsta match query.
9. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
10. Repeat steps 7, 8 & 9 for other Objects you wish Ebsta to relate emails to.
11. Next, click on the Mapping tab.
12. Listed here are each of the Email fields* that you can set to map to your Task fields in Salesforce. Use the dropdown menu to customise the set up to your requirements. If there is a field that you do not wish to be mapped, leave it as NOT SET.
Note: Subject Line Prefix lets you set a prefix to the subject line of any email that is synced into Salesforce.
* In order for Ebsta to record the direction an email was sent (Inbound / Outbound) when it maps to Salesforce you need to have created an Activity Custom Field and added it to your Task Page Layout in Salesforce. To learn how to do this, follow the instructions in this article:
13. If you wish to map additional fields, click the + button.
This will display a list of default Salesforce fields. Select the field you wish to map from the dropdown menu and type in a value or select a value from the dropdown.
14. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
15. Next, click on the Blacklisting tab.
16. Specify any email domains you wish to exclude from the sync process. For example, you may want to exclude your own domain. When you are finished, click Add Domain.
Specify any email addresses you wish to exclude from the sync process. When you are finished click Add Email Address.
Note: If you make a mistake or wish to remove a domain or address, click the trash can icon next to the domain/address you wish to remove.
17. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
Now that you have completed the set up process, you are ready to connect your mailboxes to begin the sync.
1. Click the Mailboxes tab.
2. Click Add Office365 Mailbox (OAuth)
3. Sign in to your Microsoft Account with your username and password.
4. The email sync will now commence. Your mailbox will now display on this page with a green tick to denote that email sync is active.
Note: Ebsta will not sync historical emails. The sync process begins at the point you activate the set up and matches to existing records in Salesforce at the time of synchronisation.
Email Sync Management
Ebsta displays a list of all connected Mailboxes and the last update and status of their email sync.
Sync is active
Sync is not working due to an error*
Sync has been stopped by user
* This occurs when a user has changed their password and will need to reconnect their mailbox to re-start the sync process.
You can re-start the sync process of any mailbox that has stopped syncing by clicking the down arrow alongside the mailbox and then click Start Syncing Mailbox.
You can stop the sync process of any active mailbox by clicking the down arrow alongside the mailbox and then click Stop Syncing Mailbox.
You can connect additional Mailboxes click the appropriate Add Mailbox button.