This article guides you through the process of setting up a Cadence so that you can automatically trigger a series of personalized emails and tasks to nurture relationships with customers.
Create a cadence.
1. In Outlook, click the menu button in the Ebsta side panel and select Control Panel to open up Ebsta's Console in a new browser tab.
Alternatively, open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
(You will be asked to sign in with your Salesforce credentials)
2. Click Cadences.
3. Click New.
4. Enter a name for your cadence in the text box.
5. Create the first step in your cadence by clicking on the + button and then choose to send an email or create a Task in Salesforce.
|Add Task to Salesforce|
In this example, the first step will be an email.
6. Click the pencil to edit the email body and subject.
7. If you want to use a Salesforce Templates, click Templates and then select it from the list.
Click the dropdown arrow to select a template from other folders.
Note: If your Salesforce Template contains merge fields, you will need to remove them and replace them with Ebsta merge fields. (refer to step 8).
Alternatively, you can create your email by typing directly into the wysiwyg or by inserting html into the Code View. You can toggle between the two views until you are happy with your email.
8. To insert merge fields into the email - click Insert Merge Field and select the field you wish to use from the list.
Note: The AutoSignature merge field is populated with your default Outlook Signature upon sending. If you are using the desktop version of Outlook, you need to set up your signature in Office365 online in order for Ebsta to be able to insert this into your cadence. Refer to this article for more information:
9. When you are happy with your email, click Save.
10. Create the next step in the cadence i.e. what follow up action should occur by clicking the + button.
11. Decide when the follow up action should occur. By default, the next action will occur after 3 days if there is no response to the first step in the sequence. Use the dropdown menus to amend this.
12. To determine what the follow up action should be, click the + button and then choose to send an email or create a Task in Salesforce.
|Add Task to Salesforce|
13. If the next action is to send email, a green action box appears as before. Repeat steps 5-8 to create this follow up email.
If the next action is to add Task to Salesforce, a blue action box appears. Fill in the required fields and click Save.
14. If you have added an Add Task action within your cadence, you can base any next steps in the cadence on the outcome of the Task by clicking the + button and selecting If Task Closed.
15. Now add logic to the step by clicking the + button.
16. Use the dropdown menus to determine the logic for the next step in the sequence. For example, if the Task was a call to a prospect and the outcome resulted in a positive discussion, I may want to send out follow up information in an email 1 day after the Task completed.
17. You can also want to define actions to take place if emails are replied to or if Tasks aren't completed. To do this, simply click the + buttons under If recipient has replied and If Task is not completed in 1 month and add follow up Tasks or emails as above.
18. When you are finished building your cadence, click Save.
To learn how to add a recipient to a cadence, refer to this article: