Ebsta for Salesforce's Calendar Sync ensures that whenever events are added or edited in Salesforce or Outlook, the changes are reflected across both platforms.
The highly intelligent calendar sync fully supports time zones, recurring, deleted and Private Events and matches to Events to Salesforce records.
You can decide whether or not to include Private Events in the sync process.
If you do not want Ebsta to sync Private Events you just need to ensure the tick box is checked.
When syncing Private Events from Salesforce to Outlook, Ebsta will automatically mark them as Private in Outlook. The same applies when the sync is running the opposite way; events marked Private in Outlook will automatically be marked as Private in Salesforce.
Note: For the above process to work, you need to ensure the Private field is included in your Event Page Layout in Salesforce.
How to add the Private field to the Event Page Layout in Salesforce
1. Click on the the following link:
2. Click Connect with Salesforce.
3. This opens up the Calendar Sync section of Ebsta's Control Panel. Click Set up Sync between Salesforce and Office365 Account.
4. Fill in your username, password and domain details and click Connect.
5. Make sure do not sync private events is unchecked.
6. Click add settings with preview.
7. Click save sync.
8. Your calendar settings have now been saved.