To set up these alerts, you need to have Salesforce Administrator credentials, or have the necessary permissions to create new Custom Fields against Leads and Contacts. If you don't, please contact your Salesforce Administrator.
Once you have created all your custom fields by following the steps below, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of all your Object names and Field API names e.g.
- Object Name(s) (e.g. Contact)
- Field API Name(s) (e.g. OutofOffice_c and LefttheBusiness__c)
Note: The Field API Name can be found by clicking Setup > Object Manager. Select your Object, then click Fields & Relationships. The API Name is under the Field Name column.
We will contact you as soon as it is set up. Ebsta will then automatically update the fields with a date & time for when the Contact or Lead is either Out-of-Office or has Left the Business.
Set up Out-of-Office and Left the Business Alerts
1. Click the Gear icon and click Setup.
2. Click Object Manager
3. Click Contact.
4. Click Fields & Relationships.
5. Click New.
6. Select the Data Type as Date and click Next.
7. Give it an appropriate Field Label and Field Name (e.g. Out of Office) and then click Next.
8. Set the appropriate field-level Security and then click Next.
9. Select which Contact Page Layout(s) to add this field to and then click Save.
10. Repeat the above process again to create a new Custom field against Contact called Left the Business.
11. Repeat the entire process again for the Lead Object.