Ebsta Team will automatically alert you to when a Contact or Lead in Salesforce has either Left The Business or is currently Out-of-Office.
How to Setup Out-of-Office and Left The Business Alerts
You'll need to be a Salesforce Administrator, or have the necessary permissions to create new Custom Fields against Leads and Contacts, to set-up Out-of-Office and Left The Business alerts. If you don't, please contact your Salesforce Administrator.
1. In Salesforce, go to Setup and search for Object Manager. Click on the Contact Object.
2. Click Fields & Relationships and then click New.
3. Select a Date field and click Next.
4. Give it an appropriate Field Label and Field Name and then click Next.
5. Add the appropriate Field Level Security and then click Next.
6. Choose to add to the appropriate Contact Page Layout(s) and then click Save.
7. Repeat the process again to add a Left The Business field to a Contact Object.
Then repeat the process again for the Lead Object.
8. Once complete, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Object Name(s) (e.g. Contact Object)
- Field API Name(s) (e.g. OutOfOffice_c)
Note: The Field API Name can be found by clicking Setup > Object Manager > Contact or Lead Object > Fields & Relationships. The API Name is under the Field Name column (e.g. "OutOfOffice_c).
9. We'll be in touch as soon as it is setup.
Ebsta will then automatically update the fields with a Date/Time for when the Contact or Lead is either Out Of Office or Left The Business.