Available to: Pro & Ultimate
Requirements: Administrator rights and connection of a service account to Ebsta. Please also note that all users will have needed to log into Ebsta with their Salesforce credentials to give authentication before their mailboxes can be synced under this service.
The article covers:
Enable service account to manage Email Sync
1. If you haven't already, you will need to connect your service account and connect mailboxes to Ebsta.
With step 1 completed, you will now be able to enable the service account for Email Sync.
2. In the Ebsta Console, click Email Sync.
3. Click the toggle button to enable service account to manage Email Sync.
Note: Once Service Account mode has been enabled, it can not be turned off.
4. Click Save.
Now, if you haven't already done so you need to configure the sync settings. Refer to this article for instructions:
Email Sync Management
To start/stop a mailbox syncing
1. From User Management, check the box alongside a mailbox in the User Table.
2. This opens up the user setting panel. To start email sync click Start.
3. Ebsta will confirm that the mailbox has started syncing to Salesforce and the mailbox Connection Status will update in the user table.
4. To stop a mailbox syncing to Salesforce, check the box alongside the mailbox in the user table and click Stop in the user setting panel.
5. Ebsta will confirm that the mailbox has successfully stopped syncing and the mailbox Connection Status will update in the user table.
Connect new users to Email Sync
1. The new user needs to sign into the Ebsta Console with their Salesforce credentials to authorise access to their Salesforce account.
2. The Administrator connects their mailbox to Ebsta by going to User Management and clicking Add Mailboxes and inputting their mailbox details.
3. Now you will be able to start their email sync by following steps 1-3 in Email Sync Management as above.