Available to: Pro & Ultimate
Requirements: Administrator rights and connection of a service account to Ebsta. Please also note that all users will have needed to log into Ebsta with their Salesforce credentials to give authentication before their calendars can be synced under this service.
The article covers:
- Enable service account to manage Calendar Sync
- Calendar Sync Management
- Connect new users to Calendar Sync
Enable service account to manage Calendar Sync
1. If you haven't already, you will need to connect your service account to Ebsta and connect mailboxes to Ebsta.
With step 1 completed, you will be able to turn Calendar Sync Admin mode on.
2. In the Ebsta Console, click Calendar Sync.
3. Click the toggle button to enable Admin mode to be set up.
4. Adjust the settings to meet your requirements and click Save.
|Note: Once Save is clicked Admin Mode will be set to ON and can not be turned off.
Note: These settings will override the existing settings of all mailboxes that are under management of the service account. The mailbox owner will no longer have the ability to adjust them and will be unable to turn the sync on or off. This will be under the control of Administrators.
5. Once Admin Mode has been activated all mailboxes under the management of the service account will have their calendar sync settings updated. This will include the stopping of all non-primary calendars.
Calendar Sync Management
To start/stop a calendar syncing
1. From User Management, check the box alongside a mailbox in the User Table.
2. This opens up the user setting panel. To start calendar sync click Start.
3. Ebsta will confirm that the mailbox's calendar has started syncing and the mailbox Connection Status will update in the user table.
4. To stop a calendar syncing, check the box alongside the mailbox in the user table and click Stop in the user setting panel.
5. Ebsta will confirm that the mailbox has successfully stopped syncing and the mailbox Connection Status will update in the user table.
Connect new users to Calendar Sync
1. The new user needs to sign into the Ebsta Console with their Salesforce credentials to authorise access to their Salesforce account.
2. The Administrator connects their mailbox to Ebsta by going to User Management and clicking Add Mailboxes and inputting their mailbox details.
3. Now you will be able to start their calendar sync by following steps 1-3 in Calendar Sync Management above.