A quota is a monthly or quarterly sales goal that’s assigned to a user or territory. A manager’s quota equals the amount that the manager and team are expected to generate together. The quota rollup is done manually by users and managers, and revenue or quantity data can be used.
Ebsta Forecast Insights uses quota data from Salesforce within its reporting. Follow the steps below to enable quotas and then set up quota data in Salesforce.
Enable Quotas in Salesforce
1. From Setup, type forecasts settings in the Quick Find box and select Forecasts Settings.
2. You will need to ensure Enable Forecast is Active.
3. If you click Edit in Enable Adjustments you can allow managers and owners edit their forecasts. Click Save to update the setting.
4. If you click Edit in Manage Forecast Rollups you can tie allow managers and owners edit their forecasts. Click Save to update the setting.
3. Tick the Show quotas box.
3. Click Save.
Set up Quota Data
1. From Setup, type quotas in the Quick Find box and then select Forecasts Quotas.
2. Select the period, forecast type, and product family (if applicable) of the quotas you wish to add or update, and then click Show Quotas.
3. Use the search function to search for users, roles or territories whose quotas you want to manage, and then select them by checking the box alongside the user(s) and click Edit Selected Rows.
4. Enter the quota amounts or quantities and then click Save.