To build this report, Users need to have Ebsta's Team edition installed.
You will need to have Ebsta's User Emails Custom Object enabled against individual User Activity. If you haven't already done this, please refer to the following article:
Creating a User Email Activity Report in Salesforce
1. In Salesforce, click Reports > New Report
2. Type 'User' in the search bar and select User Emails from the results and then click Continue.
3. Click the Filters tab in the left hand menu.
4. Change the Show Me filter to All User Emails and click Apply.
5. Click the Date filter and select a date range to report on and click Apply.
6. Click in the Add filter search bar and select User from the dropdown menu.
7. With the Operator set as 'equals', type in the User's name(s) and click Apply.
8. Click the Outline tab
9. Click in the Add Group search bar and select User from the dropdown menu and then repeat selecting Date from the dropdown menu so that they both appear in Group Rows.
10. In the Columns section, remove 'User Emails: User Emails'. Then click in the Add column search bar and select Emails Received from the dropdown menu and then repeat selecting Emails Sent so that they both appear in Columns.
11. In the reporting area, click the down arrow next to Date column and select Group Date By from the dropdown menu and then select the time frame that you would like to group by e.g. Calendar Week.
12. Click Add Chart in the top right hand corner.
13. Click the Chart Properties cog button.
14. Select Line under Display As. Ensure Date is selected for the X-Axis. You may also group User if you are viewing multiple Users.
The Y-Axis should be showing the metric you are aiming to measure e.g. Sum of Emails Sent or Sum of Emails Received. You can also chose to give the graph a title, display a Reference Line (if you have a target team members should be maintaining for instance), show values and cumulative totals.
15. Click Save and Run
16. Give your Report a name and click Save.