Creating an Email Sync Source Field enables you to identify emails that have been synced to Salesforce by Ebsta. This is useful for reporting purposes and also by identifying the emails logged in Salesforce by Ebsta's native sync you can eliminate duplication of emails that are created manually or by other connected systems.
Creating an Activity Custom Field in Salesforce
1. In Salesforce, click the Settings cog and select Set up.
2. Click Objects and Fields > Object Manager
3. Select Activity
4. Select Fields & Relationships
5. Click New.
6. Select 'Checkbox' from the Data Type list and click Next.
7. Input the following information and click Next.
Field Label: Ebsta Sync Source
Default Value - Unchecked
Field Name - This will auto populate.
Description - Checkbox is marked by Ebsta when an email is synced.
Help Text - Leave blank
8. Make the Field visible to the relevant profiles, and ensure the checkbox is Read Only. Then click Next.
9. As you do not need to add this checkbox to any Page Layout, uncheck the Add Field box and click Save.
You now need to set the value of this Field as being 'true' by default when Ebsta syncs to Salesforce.
Setting Custom Field to 'True' in Ebsta
10. Open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
11. Click Connect with Salesforce and log into your Salesforce account.
12. Click the Settings button in the bottom left-hand corner.
13. Select Email Sync from the side menu.
14. Click on the Mapping tab.
15. Click the + button.
16. This will display a list of Salesforce Fields. Select the newly created 'Ebsta Sync Source' from the list.
17. Check the tick box next to the field to set its value as 'True' and click Save.