This articles guides you through the process of setting up an automatic sync of emails from Gmail to Salesforce.
Administrators can set up Email Sync for all users by following instructions in this article:
Set up Email Sync
1. In Gmail, click the Settings button in the top right-hand corner to open up the Ebsta Console in a new browser tab.
Alternatively, open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
2. Click Sign in with Salesforce and log into your Salesforce account.
3. Click Settings in the bottom left-hand corner.
4. Select Email Sync from the side menu.
The main set up will have been completed by your Admin, so you just need to connect your mailbox.
5. Click the Mailboxes tab.
6. Click Add Gmail Mailbox.
7. Sign in to your Gmail Account with your username and password.
8. Give Ebsta permission to connect your account by clicking Allow.
9. The email sync will now commence. Your mailbox will now display on this page with a green tick to denote that email sync is active.
Note: Ebsta will not sync historical emails. The sync process begins at the point you activate the set up and matches to existing records in Salesforce at the time of synchronisation.