We recommend the use of a service account for mailbox management. The service account can connect any mailbox to Ebsta for data processing and central management by an Administrator.
In this article we will cover:
- How to connect a service account
- How to connect multiple mailboxes to Ebsta
- How to assign a mailbox to a Salesforce User
How to connect a service account
If you haven't already set up a service account, please refer to the following article:
1. Click on the the following link to access Ebsta's Console:
2. The Subscriptions Management page will be open by default. Click the Mailboxes icon in the left-hand menu to open up the Mailboxes page.
3. Click Connect Service Account
4. Click Gmail.
5. Upload your JSON for the service account, and enter a mailbox as a testing address and click Connect.
Note: The Impersonation Email Address should be the email address of a valid mailbox and not an alias address. The mailbox will not be added or synchronised but will be used to validate the impersonation permissions the service account has.
6. Click Confirm.
7. Once successfully connected, the Service Account will be displayed on the Mailboxes page.
Note: The Service Account will override the connection details of any existing Office 365 mailboxes.
How to connect multiple mailboxes to Ebsta
With a Service Account connected, the Administrator can now connect multiple mailboxes to Ebsta.
1. Click Add Additional Mailboxes.
2. Type or copy and paste a list of email addresses you wish to connect to Ebsta into the text box. Alternatively you can upload a CSV file (one email address per row) and click Confirm.
3. These newly connected mailboxes will be given a status of Pending*. Use the Filter to display these mailboxes.
* It is important to be aware that when mailboxes are connected, Ebsta automatically assigns each mailbox to a Salesforce User if they match to a single user by email address. Mailboxes that do not meet this criteria will display in the Unassigned list. Please refer to the How to assign a mailbox to a Salesforce User section to learn how to assign them manually.
4. Select all users by checking the box in the top left-hand corner.
Note: If there are any mailboxes you do not wish Ebsta to process at this stage, you can uncheck the box next to the mailbox.
5. Click Start Syncing mailboxes so that Ebsta can begin processing them.
6. The Status icon will change to show Ebsta is currently syncing each of these mailboxes and the Sync Start Date will now be displayed in the row.
How to assign a mailbox to a Salesforce User
When mailboxes are connected, Ebsta automatically assigns each mailbox to a Salesforce User if they match to a single user by email address. Mailboxes that do not meet this criteria will display in the Unassigned list and need to be assigned to a Salesforce User manually.
1. Use the Filter to display all Unassigned mailboxes.
2. Click Add Salesforce User.
3. Use the search function to identify the Salesforce User you wish to assign this mailbox to.
4. Select the User from the search results.
5. Click Save.
6. You'll notice the Add Salesforce User link has been replaced by the assigned User name. Click the down-arrow alongside the mailbox and click Start Syncing Mailbox so that Ebsta can begin processing it.
We recommend that the Administrator who will be taking responsibility for mailbox management reads the following article: