This article guides Administrators on how to connect a service account to Ebsta for central mailbox management and data processing.
This article covers:
Connect a service account
If you haven't already set up a service account, please refer to the following article:
1. Open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
2. Click Sign in with Salesforce and log into your Salesforce account.
3. Click Settings in the bottom left-hand corner and then select User Management.
4. Click Add Service Account
4. Click Gmail.
5. Upload your JSON file for the service account, enter a mailbox as a testing address and click Connect.
Note: The Impersonation Email Address should be the email address of a valid mailbox and not an alias address. The mailbox will not be added or synchronised but will be used to validate the impersonation permissions the service account has.
6. Click Confirm.
7. Once successfully connected, the Service Account will be displayed on the Mailboxes page.
Note: The Service Account will override the connection details of any existing Gmail mailboxes.
Connect mailboxes to Ebsta
With a Service Account connected, an Administrator can now connect multiple mailboxes to Ebsta.
1. Click Add Additional Mailboxes.
2. Type or copy and paste a list of email addresses you wish to connect to Ebsta into the text box. Alternatively you can upload a CSV file (one email address per row) and click Confirm.
3. These newly connected mailboxes will be given a status of Pending*. Use the filter to display these mailboxes.
* Please be aware that when mailboxes are connected, Ebsta automatically assigns each mailbox to a Salesforce user if they match to a single user by email address. Mailboxes that do not meet this criteria will display in the Unassigned Mailboxes list and you will need to assign them manually. Instructions on how to do this are listed further down in this article.
4. Select all users by checking the box in the top left-hand corner.
Note: If there are any mailboxes you do not wish Ebsta to process at this stage, you can uncheck the box next to the mailbox.
5. Click Start Syncing mailboxes so that Ebsta can begin processing them.
6. Once Ebsta has finished processing the mailboxes, a green tick icon will display in the Status column to denote the mailbox is currently syncing. Ebsta will also display a Sync Start Date and time.
Mailbox assignment to a Salesforce user
When mailboxes are connected, Ebsta automatically assigns each mailbox to a Salesforce user if they match to a single user by email address. Mailboxes that do not meet this criteria will display in the Unassigned list and need to be assigned to a Salesforce User manually by following the steps below.
1. Use the filter to display all Unassigned Mailboxes.
2. Click Add Salesforce User.
3. Use the search function to identify the Salesforce User you wish to assign this mailbox to.
4. Select the User from the search results.
5. Click Save.
6. You'll notice the Add Salesforce User link has been replaced by the assigned User name. Click the down-arrow alongside the mailbox and click Start Syncing Mailbox so that Ebsta can begin processing it.
We recommend that the Administrator who will be taking responsibility for mailbox management reads the following article: