Available to: Pro & Ultimate
Requirements: Connection of a service account to Ebsta requires Administrator rights.
If you haven't already set up a service account, follow steps in this article:
Following the steps in this guide will enable Administrators to connect a service account to Ebsta for central mailbox management and data processing. This article covers:
- Connect a service account
- Connect mailboxes to Ebsta
- Start mailboxes syncing to Ebsta (Team Sync)
- Assign mailboxes to Salesforce users
Connect a service account
1. Open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
2. Click Sign in with Salesforce and log in with your Salesforce credentials.
3. Click the Settings button in the bottom left-hand corner and select User Management.
Note: You can also access User Management by clicking Settings > Team > Mailboxes.
4. Click Add Service Account
5. Click Gmail.
6. Upload your JSON file for the service account, enter a mailbox as a testing address and click Connect.
|Note: The Impersonation Email Address should be the email address of a valid mailbox and not an alias address. The mailbox will not be added or synchronised but will be used to validate the impersonation permissions the service account has.|
7. Click Confirm.
8. Once successfully connected, the service account details will display on this page.
|Note: The service account will takeover the management of any existing connected mailboxes that it has access to.|
Connect mailboxes to Ebsta
1. From User Management in Ebsta's Console, click Add Mailboxes.
2. Enter the email addresses that you wish to connect into the text box. Alternatively you can upload a CSV file (one email address per row) and click Confirm.
3. The mailbox will appear in the user table and the service account display will also update to show that the connected mailbox is being managed by the service account.
|Note: Ebsta will automatically assign a mailbox to a Salesforce user if they match to a single user by email address. Mailboxes that do not meet this criteria will need to be assigned manually. Instructions on how to do this are further down in this article.|
Start mailboxes syncing to Ebsta (Team Sync)
1. To start a sync to Ebsta, check the box alongside the mailbox(es) in the user table.
2. This opens up the user setting panel, click Start alongside Sync Email to Ebsta.
3. Ebsta will update the service status overview to display the active connection to Team Sync.
...and the mailbox Connection Status will update in the user table.
Assign mailboxes to Salesforce users
When mailboxes are connected, Ebsta automatically assigns each mailbox to a Salesforce user if they match to a single user by email address. Mailboxes that do not meet this criteria will display like this:
To assign them to a Salesforce user manually, follow these steps.
Assign mailboxes to individual Salesforce users
1. Check the boxes alongside the mailbox rows in the user table.
2. This opens up the user setting panel, click Reassign mailboxes.
3. Click Reassign mailboxes individually.
4. Use the search function to select the user to assign the each mailbox to.
5. When you have found the Salesforce user, click on the user to select it and then click Save.
|Note: You will need to repeat step 4 and 5 for each mailbox you have selected.
6. Add Salesforce User has been replaced by the Salesforce user's name in the user table. You will now be able to sync these mailboxes to Ebsta.
Bulk assign mailboxes to a Salesforce user
1. Follow step 1 and 2 as above and then click Bulk assign mailboxes.
2. Use the search function to select the user to bulk assign the mailboxes to.
3. When you have found the Salesforce user, click on the user to select it and then click Save.
4. These mailboxes will now appear in the user table alongside the Salesforce user they have been assigned to. You will now be able to sync these mailboxes to Ebsta.