Requirements: Connection of a service account to Ebsta requires Administrator rights.
Following the steps in this guide will enable Administrators to connect a service account to Ebsta for central mailbox management and data processing.
If you haven't already set up a service account, follow steps one of these articles:
How to create an Office 365 service account
How to create an Exchange Server service account
1. Open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link and sign in with your Salesforce credentials:
2. Click the Settings button in the top left-hand corner and select User Management.
3. Click Add Service Account
4. Click Office 365 OAuth or Exchange (On-premise)
5. Enter your service account details and click Connect.
Note 1: The Impersonation Email Address should be the email address of a valid mailbox. The mailbox will not be added or synchronised but will be used to validate the impersonation permissions the service account has.
Note 2: Where you are asked for your username and password, this is the log in for the service account.
6. Click Confirm.
7. Once successfully connected, the service account details will display on this page.
8. If you have existing mailboxes connected to Ebsta, the service account will takeover the management of those mailboxes that it has access to. To connect new mailboxes to the service account, please follow the steps in this article: