1. Click Setup.
2. In AppSetup, click Customise > Activities > Activity Custom Fields.
3. Click New
4. Select Checkbox as the Data Type.
5. Name the Field 'Inbound', leave the default value as 'Unchecked' and click Next.
6. Select which profiles you wish to grant edit access to this field and click Next.
7. By default, the new field will be added to both your Event and Task layout. If you wish to change this use the check boxes*. When you are happy click Save & New.
* You need to have the field added to your Task Page Layout in order to record the Inbound/Outbound direction of emails in Salesforce.
8. Repeat Steps 4-7 for 'Outbound'.
9. Salesforce Administrators will now need to ensure Ebsta's Email Sync setup will match the 'Inbound' and "Outbound' fields to the newly created fields.
To learn how to do this, read Step 11 in the following article: