In order for Ebsta to record the direction of emails (as either sent or received) when they sync to Salesforce you need to create Inbound/Outbound Activity Custom Fields and add them to your Task Page Layout in Salesforce.
Creating an Activity Custom Field in Salesforce
1. In Salesforce, click the Settings cog and select Set up.
2. Click Objects and Fields > Object Manager
3. Select Activity
4. Select Fields & Relationships
You now need to map the newly created Custom Fields in Ebsta's Email Sync setup.
Mapping the Inbound/Outbound Custom Fields in Ebsta
11. Open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
12. Click Connect with Salesforce and log into your Salesforce account.
13. Click the Settings button in the bottom left-hand corner.
14. Select Email Sync from the side menu.
15. Click on the Mapping tab.
16. Listed here are each of the Email fields that can be set to map to your Task fields in Salesforce. Map the Direction Inbound and Direction Outbound Ebsta Email Fields to the newly created Inbound and Outbound Custom Fields.
17. Click Save.