If you are using a service account to manage mailbox connections and are wanting to connect a new user to Ebsta please refer to this article:
- Step 1: Connect mailbox to Ebsta
- Step 2: Start mailbox syncing to Ebsta
- Step 3: Check licence assignment
- Step 4: Review Team assignment
Step 1: Connect mailbox to Ebsta
Please note, this step must be completed by the user/mailbox owner, not the Admin.
1. Log into the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link and sign in with Salesforce credentials:
2. Click Settings in the top right-hand corner and select Mailboxes.
3. Click Add Your Mailbox
Note: If you are an Admin clicking this button to connect a mailbox will assign the mailbox to your Salesforce user account. The mailbox owner needs to login to the Console and connect the mailbox.
4. Select the appropriate mailbox option either Gmail or Outlook.
5. Sign in with your mailbox username and password.
6. The mailbox will now be connected to Ebsta and will appear in the user table alongside your username.
Step 2: Start mailbox syncing to Ebsta
Once the mailbox is connected you can start a sync of emails to Ebsta (Team Sync).
1. To start syncing mailbox to Ebsta check the box next to the mailbox in the user table to open the User Setting panel.
2. Click Start alongside Sync Email to Ebsta.
3. The connection status for this service will turn green.
Ebsta offers two other sync services:
Email sync is emails being natively added as Tasks in the Activity History against Salesforce objects).
Calendar sync is Events from the mailbox Calendar syncing to/from Salesforce.
To start syncing a mailbox to Salesforce (Email Sync), the user should follow steps in one of these articles:
To start syncing a calendar, the user should follow steps in one of these articles:
Step 3: Check licence assignment
When a user signs into the Console, they will be automatically assigned a licence, if one is available. We suggest checking the assignment is correct in the User Management section. To amend the licence assigned to a user, use the dropdown in the Licence column alongside the user(s) to select a new licence.
Step 4: Review Team assignment
Initially each user is assigned to an Ebsta Team based on their Salesforce Profile. To amend the Team that the user is a part of:
1. Check the box alongside the user in the table to open up the User Setting panel.
2. Click the down arrow alongside Team to select a new Team from the list. You will need to de-select the current Team that is checked (unless you want them to be assigned to both Teams.)
More information about creating new Teams, adding users to multiple Teams etc can be found in this article: