You need to have installed Ebsta into Chrome and connected it to your Salesforce account. If you haven't already done this, please refer to this article:
This article covers:
- Connect your Gmail mailbox to Ebsta
- How to disable the Ebsta Notification bar in Gmail
- How to disable Ebsta in Gmail
Connect your Gmail mailbox to Ebsta
1. In Gmail, click the Ebsta button in the top right-hand corner to open the Ebsta set up window.
2. Click Connect your Google Account to Ebsta.
3. Sign in to your Gmail Account with your username and password.
4. Give Ebsta permission to connect your account by clicking Allow.
5. Your mailbox will now be connected to Ebsta.
Note: You can repeat this process for other mailboxes that you may have.
As you read through your emails, you will start to notice Ebsta's Notification bar appears giving you a snapshot of the key information in related Salesforce records.
Ebsta buttons will also be visible at the bottom of the compose window giving you access to all of Ebsta's sales enablement features.
|Send Later||Add Email to Salesforce|
|Salesforce Templates||Email Tracking|
|Email Cadences||Meeting Scheduler|
How to disable the Ebsta Notification bar in Gmail
If you wish to stop Ebsta's Notification bar from appearing in Gmail and you can chose to disable it by following the instructions below.
All Ebsta buttons will still be visible when you are reading emails and composing messages so you will still have full use of all of Ebsta's features and you will still be able to determine if records exist in Salesforce or not as Ebsta will display the relevant Lead and Contact icons next to the Senders name in your mailbox.
1. In Gmail, right-click the Ebsta button in the top right-hand corner.
2. Click Options.
3. Check the Switch the Bar off in Gmail box and click Save Options.
4. You will need to reload Gmail so that your new settings take effect.
How to disable Ebsta in Gmail
You can chose to disable Ebsta from a particular Gmail account so Ebsta's blue Notification bar and buttons are no longer visible.
1. In Gmail, click the Ebsta button in the top right-hand corner.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Google Accounts.
4. Uncheck the boxes next to the Gmail accounts you do not wish Ebsta to be visible in. For example, Ebsta will appear in email@example.com but not in firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Click Save.
6. You will need to reload Gmail so that your new settings take effect.