Available to: Standard, Pro & Ultimate
Requirements: Set up of Search Rules requires Administrator rights.
Search rules define how emails are related to Objects being viewed. For example:
- When viewing an Account; search ‘Website’ and ‘Contact: Email Address’
- When viewing a Contact; search ‘Email Address’ and ‘Email Address 2’
- When viewing a Custom Object; search ‘Custom Field 1’
Search rule configuration can be tuned to ensure that only contextually relevant information is displayed. Search rules are compound and can range from simple direct email or domain matching to complex multi-tier object relationships and subject line matching.
You can set up Search Rules from the Console by following these steps.
1. Open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link and sign in with your Salesforce credentials:
2. Click Settings in the bottom left-hand corner and select Search Rules.
3. You can now define the fields that Ebsta will use to search against when landing on a particular Object or related Objects. First select a Salesforce Object e.g. Account.
4. You can select to run the default rules by clicking the toggle button to on. Or you can define your own.
This is the list of Salesforce Objects which relate to the selected Salesforce Object e.g. You could select the Email Address field from Contacts that relate to an Account.
|Search Field||This is the specific field you may wish to search against e.g. You may want to search against a secondary Email Address field or a custom field.|
|Trim to Domain||
This allows you to run broader searches based on the domain rather than a specific results e.g. To 'trim to domain' against a Contact’s Email Address field would see Ebsta search for 'acme.com' as a domain rather than just firstname.lastname@example.org, potentially showing results for email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com too.
5. To add a rule, click Add a rule.
6. To delete a rule, click the Trash can icon.
7. Click Save to update the rules.
8. Repeat the above steps for other Salesforce Objects as required.
9. All changes will take effect immediately.