Salesforce Administrators can define which Salesforce fields Ebsta uses to search against when landing on a particular Object. For example:
- When viewing an Account; search ‘Website’ and ‘Contact: Email Address’
- When viewing a Contact; search ‘Email Address’ and ‘Email Address 2’
- When viewing a Custom Object; search ‘Custom Field 1’
How to set up Search Rules
1. Open an Account* view where Ebsta has been added.
* You can substitute Account here for Contact, Lead or Opportunity.
2. In the Ebsta section, click on the arrow next to your account name in the Ebsta section of your Page Layout and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. This will open up the Settings page. Click on the arrow next to Settings and select Search Rules from the dropdown menu.
4. Select the appropriate Salesforce Object e.g. Account on the left-hand side and then uncheck Run Default Rules in the top-right hand corner.
5. You can now configure Ebsta to best suit your users requirements.
What is the Related Object?
This is the list of Salesforce Objects which relate to the selected Salesforce Object (e.g. You could select the Email Address field from Contacts that relate to an Account).
What is the Search Field?
This is the specific field you may wish to search against (e.g. You may want to search against a secondary Email Address field or a custom field).
What is Trim to Domain?
This will allow you to run broader searches based on the domain rather than a specific results (e.g. To “trim to domain” against a Contact’s Email Address field would see Ebsta search for “acme.com” as a domain rather than just email@example.com, potentially showing results for firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org too).
6. Once you have made all your changes, click Update Search Rules
7. Repeat steps 4, 5 & 6 for other Salesforce Objects if required.
8. All changes will take effect immediately.
Next step: Set up Privacy Controls for all Users.