Available to: Standard, Pro & Ultimate
Requirements: Set up of Search Rules requires Administrator rights.
Search rules define how emails are related to Objects being viewed. For example:
- When viewing an Account; search ‘Website’ and ‘Contact: Email Address’
- When viewing a Contact; search ‘Email Address’ and ‘Email Address 2’
- When viewing a Custom Object; search ‘Custom Field 1’
Search rule configuration can be tuned to ensure that only contextually relevant information is displayed. Search rules are compound and can range from simple direct email or domain matching to complex multi-tier object relationships and subject line matching.
1. Open an Object view where Ebsta has been added to the Page Layout.
2. In the Ebsta panel, click on the down arrow next to your account name and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. This will open up the Settings window. Click on the down arrow and select Search Rules from the dropdown menu.
4. Select a Salesforce Object e.g. Account and then uncheck Run Default Rules box in the right hand corner.
5. You can now define the fields that Ebsta will use to search against when landing on a particular Object or related Objects.
This is the list of Salesforce Objects which relate to the selected Salesforce Object e.g. You could select the Email Address field from Contacts that relate to an Account.
|Search Field||This is the specific field you may wish to search against e.g. You may want to search against a secondary Email Address field or a custom field.|
|Trim to Domain||
This allows you to run broader searches based on the domain rather than a specific results e.g. To 'trim to domain' against a Contact’s Email Address field would see Ebsta search for 'acme.com' as a domain rather than just email@example.com, potentially showing results for firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org too.
6. To add another search rule, click the + button.
7. Click Update Search Rules.
8. Repeat the above steps for other Salesforce Objects as required.
9. All changes will take effect immediately.