Creating a Custom Field to measure the Days since Last Activity will allow you to better monitor the engagement your employees have with Accounts, Contacts, Leads and Opportunities and ensure nothing is left to slip through the net.
Create a Days since Last Activity Custom Field
1. Click the Gear icon and click Setup.
2. Click Object Manager
3. Click on your Object e.g. Opportunity and then click Fields & Relationships.
4. Click New
5. Select the Data Type as Formula and click Next.
6. Name the field 'Days since last email', set the Formula Return Type as Number and click Next.
7. Add the following information as the formula and then click Next:
FLOOR(TODAY() - IF( ISBLANK(ebsta1__Last_Email_Activity_Date__c) , DATEVALUE("2014-01-01"), DATEVALUE(ebsta1__Last_Email_Activity_Date__c)))
Note: If your chosen Object is an Account, the following formula should be used instead:
FLOOR(TODAY() - IF( ISBLANK(ebsta1__ebstaLast_Activity_Date__c) , DATEVALUE("2014-01-01"), DATEVALUE(ebsta1__ebstaLast_Activity_Date__c)))
8. Click Next for the next couple of steps and then click Save on Step 5.
Note: You can, if you wish, opt for the Custom Field not to be visible against the Object Page Layout. If this is the case, ensure the Add Field box is unchecked before you click Save on Step 5.