Although Ebsta automatically searches Salesforce and notifies you of what relevant content exists, it can sometimes be useful to run a manual search for a particular person or company within your database.
In this article:
Ebsta's Right-Click Search
This function enables you to run a search of Salesforce based on information from the web page you are on.
Watch this short video tutorial or read the article below.
How to search Salesforce in Chrome using Ebsta's 'Right-Click' Search
1. When on a website, find a name, for example, "Ebsta", and highlight it.
2. Right-click on the name, select Ebsta Search.
3. Ebsta's blue Notification Bar will drop down to alert you to the search results.
4. To view the record detail, simply click on the Ebsta icon in the top right-hand corner of your browser. This will open up the Ebsta bubble where you will be able to edit and update the record and record activities against it.
Searching Salesforce from Ebsta's Bubble
1. Click on the Ebsta icon in the top right-hand corner of Gmail/Chrome.
2. Type in the name of a Lead, Contact or Account in the search bar at the top of the Ebsta bubble and click Search.
3. Select the relevant Lead, Contact or Account from the search results.
4. The record view will open and from here you can then reference the Activities, Campaigns and Opportunities and Chatter posts. You can also edit the record and record activities against it.