Ebsta's Email Cadence function enables you to automatically trigger personalized emails and tasks to nurture relationships with customers and ensure you never miss a follow-up. You can use your Salesforce Templates in the creation of an Email Cadence.
Using your Salesforce Templates in an Email Cadence
1. In Gmail, open the compose window and click the Email Cadence button.
2. Click New Cadence.
Alternatively, in Gmail you can click the Email Cadence button in the top right-hand corner.
3. This will open up the Cadences pop up window. Click New Cadence.
4. Enter a name for your cadence in the text box.
5. Create your first action by clicking on the + button. You then have the option to either send an email or create a Task. In this example, we will create an email as the first step by clicking the paper aeroplane.
6. Click the pencil to edit the email body and subject.
7. Click Templates in the top left-hand corner.
8. Select the template you wish to use by clicking on the template name (click the dropdown arrow to search other folders).
9. If your template contains merge fields like the example below, you will need to remove them from the email body and replace them with Ebsta merge fields by clicking Insert Merge Field and selecting the field(s) you wish to include in the email from the list.
Note: The AutoSignature merge field is populated with your default Gmail Signature upon sending.
10. When you are happy with your email, click Save.
11. You now need to set the next step in the cadence i.e. what follow up action should occur by clicking the + button.
12. Set the timeframe for when the follow up action should occur. By default, the next action is set to occur after 3 days if there is no response to the initial email. Use the dropdown menu to adjust this to suit your requirements.
13. Next, hover over the + button to set what the follow up action in the cadence should be, either;
Add Task to Salesforce
If the next action is Send Email, a green action box appears. Repeat steps 6-10 to create this follow up email.
If the next action is Add Task to Salesforce, a blue action box appears. Fill in the required fields and click Save.
14. If you have added an Add Task to Salesforce action within your cadence, you can add a follow up action depending on the outcome of the Task by clicking the + button.
15. Select If Task is Closed from the dropdown menu.
16. Click the + button to add logic to the step.
17. Define the values based on the previous Task using the dropdown menus.
18. Click the + button again to trigger a follow up email or Task. In the example below, if the previous Task closes with an Outcome of No Answer, a follow up email will be sent out after a set time of 3 days.
19. You may also want to define actions to take place if emails are replied to or if Tasks aren't completed. To do this, simply click the + buttons under If recipient has replied and If Task is not completed in 1 month and add follow up Tasks or emails as above.
20. When you are finished building your cadence, click Save.
To learn how to add a recipient to an Email Cadence, follow instructions in this article: