Ebsta for Salesforce's Email Campaigns feature enables you to send a series or sequence of emails to introduce new customers to your business or automatically follow up with Sales prospects. You can use existing Salesforce Templates within your campaign.
Watch this short video tutorial or read the article below.
How to use your Salesforce Templates in an Email Campaign
1. Click the Email Campaign icon at the bottom of the compose window in Gmail and select New Campaign.
Alternatively, click the Email Campaign button in the top right-hand corner of Gmail.
Then click New Campaign in the Campaigns pop-up window.
2. This opens up the Campaign Manager section of Ebsta's Control Panel in a new browser tab.
3. Enter your Campaign name into the text box.
4. By default, the first action in the campaign is Send Email. Click on the pencil icon to edit the email body and subject.
5. You can select one of your Salesforce Templates by clicking on the arrow icon in the top left-hand corner and selecting it from the list. Use the dropdown menu to select a template from a different folder if you need.
6. If your template contains merge fields like the example below, you will need to remove them from the email body and replace them with Ebsta merge fields by clicking Insert Merge Field and selecting the field(s) you wish to include in the email from the list.
Note: The AutoSignature merge field is populated with your default Gmail Signature upon sending.
7. Make any other changes to the email body and when you are happy, click Save.
8. To add the next step in the campaign i.e. what follow up you want to occur, click the +icon.
9. Firstly determine what follow up should occur if there is no response to the initial email and within what timeframe.
Use the dropdown menu to select when to trigger the next action. By default, the next action is set to occur after 3 days. In the example below, this is changed to after 1 week.
Hover over the +icon to decide whether the next action is to Add Task to Salesforce or to Send Email.
To set the next action as Add Task to Salesforce click Add Task Step and fill in the required fields in blue action box that appears.
To set the next action as Send Email, click Add Email Step and go through the same steps as above in the green action box that appears.
10. Now you need to make decision about what follow up (if any) you want to occur if the recipient responds to your email.
Click the +icon directly underneath If Recipient has Replied to select to either Add Task to Salesforce or Send Email and repeat the steps as above.
Note: This action will occur immediately after the recipient has replied to the email.
11. You can add further steps to the sequence by clicking the +icon.
Top Tip: You may want to trigger an email to go out or a task to be added to Salesforce after a certain number of days regardless of response to the initial email using the Wait Set Time option. In the example below a follow up email will be sent after 1 week regardless of response to the initial email.
12. When you are happy with your campaign, click Save in the top right-hand corner.