Supported Plans: Growth
Supported Platforms: Gmail/Salesforce
Ebsta for Salesforce's Email Campaigns feature enables you to send a series or sequence of emails to introduce new customers to your business or automatically follow up with Sales prospects. You can use existing Salesforce Email Templates within your campaign.
Watch this short video tutorial or read the article below to learn how.
1. Open the Compose window in Gmail and click the Email Campaign icon.
2. Ebsta will display the last three used campaigns (if relevant), give you the option to select another campaign or create a new campaign or review an existing one. Click New/Review.
3. This will open up the Campaign Manager section of Ebsta's Control Panel. Enter a Campaign Name.
4. By default, the first action in the campaign is Send Email. Click on the pencil icon to edit the email body and subject.
5. You can select one of your Salesforce Templates by clicking on the arrow icon in the top left-hand corner.
6. Select the template you wish to use from the drop-down list.
7. If your template contains merge fields like the example below, you will need to remove them from the email body.
8. Click Insert Merge Field.
9. Select the merge fields you wish to include in the email from the drop-down list.
Note: The AutoSignature merge field is populated with your default Gmail Signature upon sending.
10. When you are happy with your email, click Save.
Now you need to make decision about what follow up you want to occur if there is no response to the email and within what timeframe.
7. Click the +icon directly underneath the Send Email box and use the dropdown to select when to trigger the next action. In the example below an action will occur if no response after 3 days.
8. Hover over the +icon to select to either Add Task to Salesforce or Send Email .
To Add Task to Salesforce fill in the required fields in blue action box that appears.
To Send Email, go through the same steps as above in the green action box that appears.
Now you need to make decision about what follow up (if any) you want to occur when/if the recipient responds to your email.
9. Click the +icon directly underneath If Recipient has Replied and select to either Add Task to Salesforce or Send Email .
Again to Add Task to Salesforce fill in the required fields in blue action box that appears or to Send Email, go through the same steps as above in the green action box that appears. The action will occur immediately after the recipient replies to the email.
10. You can add further steps to the sequence by clicking the +icon.
Top Tip: You may want to trigger an email to go out or a task to be added to Salesforce after a certain number of days regardless of response to the initial email using the Wait Set Time option. In the example below a follow up email will be sent after 1 week regardless of response to the initial email.
11. When you are happy with your campaign, click Save in the top right-hand corner.