Watch this short video and read the article below to learn more.
This article covers:
- Setting up Meeting Scheduler (connecting your Google Account)
- Configuring Meeting Scheduler (setting up your online calendar to suit requirements)
- Using Meeting Scheduler (sending out your online link and managing bookings)
Setting up Meeting Scheduler
1. In Gmail, open the compose window and click the Meeting Scheduler button.
2. Click Setup.
3. This will open up the Meeting Scheduler section of Ebsta's Console in a new browser tab. Click Connect with Gmail.
4. Select which Google Account you wish to use.
5. Click Allow.
6. Your Google Account will now be connected to Ebsta's Meeting Scheduler.
You are now ready to configure Meeting Scheduler to suit your requirements.
Configuring Meeting Scheduler
7. In Account, Ebsta confirms the email account that you have connected, the link which gives access your calendar online and the time zone* that is being used.
Here you can also amend the Subject title of the emails that get sent out to people who book a meeting online with you and add any online meeting software links you use.
* Meeting Scheduler respects the current time zone settings of your calendars. To adjust your time zone settings in your calendars, follow the instructions in this article:
8. In Meeting Settings, use the dropdown menus to adjust the settings to suit your requirements.
9. In Availability, use the check boxes and drop-down menus to set the days and times that you are available.
Note: If you set up your availability between 9am and 5pm on Monday and then you put a 2-hour meeting at 2pm in your calendar, Meeting Scheduler will automatically block this time out in your online calendar on this date to avoid scheduling conflicts.
10. In My Calendar Page, you can customise the appearance of your online calendar and preview what it will look like.
11. In Calendar Invite Details, you can define the fields that a user will need to complete in order to book a meeting with you.
Note: This information will be included in a booking confirmation email to you once the meeting is booked.
To add an additional fields, click the + button
Give the new field a label and select its type from the drop-down list. To make it a required field tick the required box.
To delete a field, click the trash can next to the field you wish to remove from the booking form.
Note: Email address is a required field and can not be deleted.
12. Once you are are happy with your configuration, click the toggle button at the top of the set up page to put your calendar live.
At anytime you can click this button to take your calendar offline.
With Meeting Scheduler set up and configured to your requirements, you are now ready to start using your online calendar.
Using Meeting Scheduler
13. In Gmail, open the compose window and click the Meeting Scheduler button.
14. Click Insert Calendar link
15. The link to your online calendar, along with the line "Schedule a meeting with me here" will be pasted into your email. Compose your email as usual and when you are ready, click Send.
16. On clicking the link, the recipient will be able to view available meeting slots in your calendar.
17. Once they have selected a meeting slot they will be taken to a booking form which they will need to complete to book the meeting.
18. Upon submission, the recipient will get a Meeting Confirmed message onscreen and will receive a standard Google Calendar meeting invite.
19. You will receive an email from us confirming the booking which will include the information from the completed booking form.
The meeting will be added to your Google Calendar. It can be treated as any other event. So you can move/edit/cancel/update it directly in your calendar. If the meeting is cancelled and removed from your calendar, the slot will automatically become available in your online calendar again.