Watch this short video and read the article below to learn more.
Creating a Cadence
1. In Gmail, open the compose window and click the Email Cadence button.
2. Click New Cadence.
Alternatively, in Gmail you can click the Email Cadence button in the top right-hand corner.
3. This will open up the Cadences window. Click New Cadence.
4. This opens up Ebsta's Console in a new browser tab. Enter a name for your cadence in the text box.
5. Create your first action by clicking on the + button. You then have the option to either send an email or create a Task. In this example, we will create an email as the first step by clicking the paper aeroplane.
6. Click the pencil to edit the email body and subject.
7. You now have the option to use one of your Salesforce Templates by clicking Templates in the top left-hand corner....
and selecting the template you wish to use by clicking on the template name (click the dropdown arrow to search other folders).
Note: If your Salesforce Template contains merge fields, you will need to remove them and replace them using the Insert Merge Field function (refer to step 8).
Or set up your own email template by typing directly into the wysiwyg...
or by inserting html into the Code View. You can toggle between the two views until you are happy with your email.
8. Ebsta supports merge fields - you can add merge fields into the email by clicking Insert Merge Field in the bottom right-hand corner and selecting the field you wish to use from the drop-down list.
Note: The AutoSignature merge field is populated with your default Gmail Signature upon sending.
9. When you are happy with your email, click Save.
10. You now need to set the next step in the cadence i.e. what follow up action should occur by clicking the + button.
11. Set the timeframe for when the follow up action should occur. By default, the next action is set to occur after 3 days if there is no response to the initial email. Use the dropdown menu to adjust this to suit your requirements.
12. Next, hover over the + button to set what the follow up action in the cadence should be, either;
Add Task to Salesforce
If the next action is Send Email, a green action box appears. Repeat steps 6-9 to create this follow up email.
If the next action is Add Task to Salesforce, a blue action box appears. Fill in the required fields and click Save.
13. If you have added an Add Task to Salesforce action within your cadence, you can add a follow up action depending on the outcome of the Task by clicking the + button.
14. Select If Task is Closed from the dropdown menu.
15. Click the + button to add logic to the step.
16. Define the values based on the previous Task using the dropdown menus.
17. Click the + button again to trigger a follow up email or Task. In the example below, if the previous Task closes with an Outcome of No Answer, a follow up email will be sent out after a set time of 3 days.
18. You may also want to define actions to take place if emails are replied to or if Tasks aren't completed. To do this, simply click the + buttons under If recipient has replied and If Task is not completed in 1 month and add follow up Tasks or emails as above.
19. When you are finished building your cadence, click Save.
To learn how to add a recipient to an Email Cadence, follow instructions in this article: