Automatically trigger personalised emails and tasks to nurture relationships with customers and ensure you never miss a follow-up.
Leverage Ebsta’s reporting on open rates, click rates and reply rates to measure the performance of your workflows and make changes to improve their success.
Watch this short video tutorial or read the article below.
How to create an Email Cadence
1. Click the Email Cadence icon at the bottom of the compose window in Gmail and select New Campaign.
Alternatively, click the Email Cadence button in the top right-hand corner of Gmail.
Then click New Campaign in the Cadences pop-up window.
2. This opens up the Cadence Manager section of Ebsta's Control Panel in a new browser tab.
3. Enter your Cadence name into the text box.
4. Create your first action by clicking on the plus icon. You have the option to either create an email or a task. For example, let's create an email as the first step. Click on the arrow icon.
5. Click on the pencil icon to edit the email body and subject.
6. You can select one of your Salesforce Templates by clicking on the arrow icon in the top left-hand corner and selecting it from the list.
Note: If your Salesforce Template contains merge fields, you will need to remove them and replace them using the Insert Merge Field function.
Or you can set up your own email template by typing directly into the wysiwyg or by inserting html into the Code View. You can toggle between the two views until you are happy with your email.
Ebsta supports merge fields - you can add merge fields into the email by clicking Insert Merge Field in the bottom right-hand corner and selecting the field you wish to use from the drop-down list.
Note: The AutoSignature merge field is populated with your default Gmail Signature upon sending.
7. When you are happy with your email, click Save.
8. To add the next step in the Cadence i.e. what follow up you want to occur, click the +icon.
9. Firstly determine what follow up should occur if there is no response to the initial email and within what timeframe.
Use the dropdown menu to select when to trigger the next action. By default, the next action is set to occur after 3 days. In the example below, this is changed to after 1 week.
Hover over the +icon to decide whether the next action is to Add Task to Salesforce or to Send Email.
To set the next action as Add Task to Salesforce click Add Task Step and fill in the required fields in blue action box that appears.
To set the next action as Send Email, click Add Email Step and go through the same steps as above in the green action box that appears.
10. Now you need to make decision about what follow up you want if you do not complete your task.
Click the +icon to select Add Task
11. Click the +icon to add logic to the above cadence step.
Define the values based on the previous task.
12. Trigger a follow up email or task if no contact was made to the initial task.
Top Tip: You may want to trigger an email or task to be added to Salesforce after a certain number of days regardless of response to the initial email using the Wait Set Time option. In the example below a follow up email will be sent after 1 week regardless of response to the initial email.
12. When you are happy with your Cadence, click Save in the top right-hand corner.