Available to: All pricing plans
Requirements: Set up of Email Sync for all users requires Administrator rights. However non-admin users can follow these steps to set up email sync for their own mailbox if this hasn't already been done by an Admin.
1. Open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
2. Sign in with your Salesforce credentials.
3. Click Settings in the bottom left-hand corner and select Email Sync.
4. By default, Admin Mode* will be set to OFF. With Admin mode off you will just be setting up Email Sync for your mailbox. To set up for all users, Admin Mode will need to be set to ON.
* If you do not have Administrator rights you will not have this option available to you. The email sync set up will only apply to your mailbox.
|Note: If you have connected a service account to Ebsta, you will also have the option of enabling the service account to manage email sync. To learn more about this, please refer to this article:|
5. Chose an Object from the dropdown list (either Contact, Lead or Account). This is the Object that Ebsta will relate emails to in Salesforce. In this example, Contact has been selected. By default, the Object is DISABLED. Click this button to set it to ENABLED.
|Note: At least one Object needs to be enabled for the sync process to work.
6. By default, the sync process uses the Email address field to match emails to Contact records. You can select another Email field from the dropdown menu. You can also add more fields for an "OR" match by clicking the + button and selecting a field from the dropdown menu.
Advanced users: Additional Match Logic allows you to add extra logic for matching or ignoring certain records by entering your own SOQL which will be appended to the Ebsta match query. As such your query must start with an "AND" operator.
7. Click Save.
8. Repeat steps 5, 6 & 7 for other Objects you wish Ebsta to relate emails to.
9. Next, click on the Mapping tab.
10. Listed here are each of the Email fields* that will be mapped to your Task fields in Salesforce. Use the dropdown menu to customise the mapping to your requirements. If there is a field that you do not wish to be mapped, select NOT SET from the menu.
|Note: Subject Line Prefix lets you set a prefix to the subject line of any email that is synced into Salesforce.|
* For Ebsta to record the direction an email was sent (Inbound / Outbound) when it syncs to Salesforce you need to create two Activity Custom Fields called 'Inbound' and 'Outbound' and add them to your Task Page Layout in Salesforce. If you haven't already done this, follow the steps in this article:
We also recommend creating an Activity Custom Field in Salesforce that identifies the emails synced from your mailbox to Salesforce by Ebsta for reporting purposes. To do this, please follow steps in this article:
11. To map additional fields, click the + button and select the Salesforce field you wish to map from the dropdown menu and either type in a value or select a value from the dropdown.
We recommend you add Type Subtype and select Email as the value so that the Task is marked as an Email in Salesforce.
12. Click Save.
13. Next, click on the Blacklisting tab.
14. Specify any email domains you wish to exclude from the sync process. For example, you may want to exclude your own domain and click Add Domain. Now specify any email addresses you wish to exclude from the sync process and click Add Email Address.
You also have the option to hard blacklist any email domains or email addresses. This means that if any of the email addresses in an email match any of these domains or email addresses it will not sync.
If you make a mistake or wish to remove a domain or address, click the trash can next to the domain/address you wish to remove.
15. Click Save.
Now that you have completed the set up process, users can connect their mailboxes to begin a sync of emails to Salesforce. Instructions for users to connect their mailboxes are contained in the following articles:
Alternatively, Administrators can use a service account to connect users mailboxes and begin a sync of emails to Salesforce. To learn more, please refer to this article: