Supported Plans: Team/Enterprise
Supported Integrations: Gmail/Outlook/Office365/Exchange/Salesforce
Email Sync allows you to automatically add all emails (received and sent) to Salesforce that relate to matching Contacts, Leads and/or Accounts.
How to set up Email Sync
1. Click on the the following link:
2. Click Connect with Salesforce.
3. The Subscriptions Management tab will be open by default, click on the Email Sync tab on the left-hand side to open up the Email Sync set up page.
5. By default the Admin Mode will be set to off. With Admin mode off you will be setting up Email Sync for just your mailbox. To set up Email Sync for all users, Admin Mode will need to be turned on.
Advanced users: The Advanced Match Logic area allows you to add extra logic for matching or ignoring certain records by entering your own SOQL which will be appended to the Ebsta match query.
8. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
9. Repeat steps 6, 7 & 8 for the other Objects e.g. Accounts you wish Ebsta to relate emails to.
10. Click on the Mapping tab.
11. For each of the Email fields that you wish to map to Salesforce, select the relevant Task field from the dropdown menu. Leave as 'not set' if you do not wish to have that field mapped.
Subject Line Prefix lets you set a prefix to the subject line of any email that is synced into Salesforce.
To add additional fields that you wish to be completed when syncing an email, click the + button.
This will display a list of default Salesforce fields. Use the dropdown to select the field you wish to add and type in a value or select a value from the dropdown.
To remove these additional fields, simply click the trash can icon next to the added field.
12. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
13. Click the Blacklisting tab
14. Specify any email domains and specific email addresses you wish to exclude from the sync process. For example you may want to exclude your own domain. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
Note: If you make a mistake or wish to remove a domain or address, simply click the trash can icon next to the domain/address you wish to remove from the list.
15. Click the Mailboxes tab.
16. Ebsta displays a list of all connected Mailboxes, whether they have activated Email Sync or not and the last update and status of the sync. You can add additional Mailboxes by clicking the Add Mailbox button.
17. Email Sync will now commence.
Note: Ebsta will not sync historical emails. The sync process begins at the point you activate the set up and matches to existing records in Salesforce at the time of synchronisation.