This article will guide Administrators on how to set up Ebsta's Email Sync (often referred to as Inbox Native Sync) for all users. The article also covers how Users connect their mailboxes and how to manage mailboxes syncing from Gmail to Salesforce.
Setting up Email Sync
1. In Gmail, click the Settings button in the top right-hand corner. This will open up Ebsta's Console in a new browser tab.
Alternatively, open up the Ebsta Console by clicking on the following link:
2. Click Connect with Salesforce and log into your Salesforce account.
3. Click the Settings button in the bottom left-hand corner.
4. Select Email Sync from the side menu.
5. By default, Admin Mode will be set to OFF. With Admin mode off you will just be setting up Email Sync for your mailbox. To set up Email Sync for all connected mailboxes, Admin Mode will need to be set to ON.
6. Chose an Object from the dropdown list (either Contact, Lead or Account). This is the Object that Ebsta will relate emails to in Salesforce. In this example, Contact has been selected. By default, the Object is DISABLED. Click this button to set it to ENABLED.
Note: At least one Object needs to be enabled for the sync process to work.
7. By default, the sync process uses the Email address field to match emails to Contact records. You can select another Email field from the dropdown menu. You can also add more fields for an "OR" match by clicking the + button and selecting a field from the dropdown menu.
Advanced users: Additional Match Logic allows you to add extra logic for matching or ignoring certain records by entering your own SOQL which will be appended to the Ebsta match query.
8. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
9. Repeat steps 6, 7 & 8 for other Objects you wish Ebsta to relate emails to.
10. Next, click on the Mapping tab.
11. Listed here are each of the Email fields* that you can set to map to your Task fields in Salesforce. Use the dropdown menu to customise the set up to your requirements. If there is a field that you do not wish to be mapped, leave it as NOT SET.
Note: Subject Line Prefix lets you set a prefix to the subject line of any email that is synced into Salesforce.
* In order for Ebsta to record the direction an email was sent (Inbound / Outbound) when it syncs to Salesforce you need to have created two Activity Custom Fields called 'Inbound' and 'Outbound' and add them to your Task Page Layout in Salesforce. If you haven't already done this, please follow the instructions in this article:
We also recommend creating a Activity Custom Field in Salesforce that identifies the emails synced to Salesforce by Ebsta for reporting purposes. To do this, please follow instructions in this article:
12. If you wish to map additional fields, click the + button.
This will display a list of default Salesforce fields. Select the field you wish to map from the dropdown menu and type in a value or select a value from the dropdown.
13. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
14. Next, click on the Blacklisting tab.
15. Specify any email domains you wish to exclude from the sync process. For example, you may want to exclude your own domain. When you are finished, click Add Domain.
Specify any email addresses you wish to exclude from the sync process. When you are finished click Add Email Address.
Note: If you make a mistake or wish to remove a domain or address, click the trash can icon next to the domain/address you wish to remove.
16. When you are happy with your set up, click Save.
Now that you have completed the set up process, Users are ready to connect their mailboxes to begin the sync.
17. Click the Mailboxes tab.
18. Click Add Gmail Mailbox.
19. Select which Gmail account you wish to sync to Salesforce.
20. Click Allow.
21. The email sync will now commence. Your mailbox will now display on this page with a green tick to denote that email sync is active.
Note: Ebsta will not sync historical emails. The sync process begins at the point you activate the set up and matches to existing records in Salesforce at the time of synchronisation.
Email Sync Management
The Mailboxes area of Email Sync gives you information about all mailboxes that have connected to Email Sync and the last update and status of their email sync.
By default, Ebsta displays a list of mailboxes with an active sync.
You can use the filter to change the display.
Above Ebsta is displaying a list of all mailboxes that have connected to Email Sync, the last column details the date of the last sync and the sync status for that mailbox:
Sync is active
Sync is not working due to an error*
Sync has been stopped by user
* This occurs when a user has changed their Gmail password and will need to reconnect their mailbox to re-start the sync process.
You can re-start the sync of any mailbox that has stopped syncing by clicking the down arrow alongside the mailbox and then clicking Start Syncing Mailbox.
You can stop the sync of any mailbox by clicking the down arrow alongside the mailbox and then clicking Stop Syncing Mailbox.
You can connect additional Mailboxes by clicking the appropriate Add Mailbox button.