Watch this short video and read the article below to learn more.
Adding emails to Salesforce
There are four ways to add emails to Salesforce in Gmail.
Ebsta's Email Sync (often referred to as Inbox Native Sync) enables you to have all your emails (sent and received) automatically related to appropriate records in Salesforce.
To set up Email Sync, please refer to the following article:
Ebsta's Lightning Add function can be used when you have an existing record in Salesforce for the sender of the email. Ebsta's Notification bar will display key information held in the related Salesforce record and within the email, Ebsta will display the Lightning Add button.
1. Click the Lightning-Add button to add the email to Salesforce.
2. The button will turn green to denote the email has been successfully added..
3. The email can then be viewed in the Activities History section of the Bubble. Clicking on the email subject line (underlined in blue) will allow you to read the email detail.
Note: When you've added an email to Salesforce, Ebsta will include 'Received Email:' or 'Sent Email:' as a prefix to the subject line and will save it as a Completed Task on the date that you received, or sent, the email.
Ebsta's Advanced Add function enables you to determine which Salesforce record you wish to relate the email to and relate it to more than one record in Salesforce if required.
1. Click the Advanced Add button within the email to open up Ebsta's Add Email to Salesforce window.
2. Select which records you wish to relate the email to, and when you are happy with your selection, click Save.
3. The Advanced Add button will turn green to denote that the email has been successfully-added to Salesforce.
4. The email can then be viewed in the Activities History section of the Bubble. Clicking on the email subject line (underlined in blue) will allow you to read the email detail.
Note: When you've added an email to Salesforce, Ebsta will include 'Received Email:' or 'Sent Email:' as a prefix to the subject line and will save it as a completed task on the date that you received, or sent, the email.
Send + Add
As the name suggests, Send + Add enables you to add emails to Salesforce upon sending.
1. Open the compose window and prepare your email as normal. When you are ready to send, click the Send + Add button.
2. The Add Email to Salesforce window will open. Ebsta will automatically relate the email to the appropriate record in Salesforce. You can amend this and relate the email to other records as necessary.
3. If you wish to send the email straight away, click Send Email.
The email will be sent and added to Salesforce immediately. You will get a message to confirm this.
4. Alternatively, If you want the email to be added to Salesforce at the point it is sent, click Add on Send.
The Add to Salesforce pop-up window will close. In the compose window the Send + Add button will now be green to denote that it will be added to Salesforce at the point the email gets sent.
5. If you want to schedule the email to be sent out on a specific date and time, click the Send Later button.
To learn about Ebsta's Send Later function, read the following article:
6. Otherwise, when you are ready to send your email, click Send.