There are four ways to add emails in Gmail to Salesforce.
Ebsta's Native Email Sync is an automatic sync of emails from your Gmail mailbox to Salesforce. To set up Email Sync, please refer to the following article:
Ebsta's Lightning Add function can be used when you have a record in Salesforce related to the email you are viewing. Ebsta's Notification bar will display key information held in the related Salesforce record and within the email body, Ebsta displays the Lightning Add button.
1. Click the Lightning-Add button to add the email to Salesforce.
2. The button will turn green to denote the email has been successfully added.
3. The email can then be viewed in the Activities History section of Ebsta's Bubble. Clicking on the email subject line (underlined blue) allows you to read the email text.
|Note: When you've added an email to Salesforce, Ebsta will include 'Received Email:' or 'Sent Email:' as a prefix to the subject line and will save it as a Completed Task on the date that you received, or sent, the email.|
Ebsta's Advanced Add enables you to determine which Salesforce record you wish to relate an email to and relate it to more than one record in Salesforce if required.
1. Click the Advanced Add button within the email body.
2. Select which records you wish to relate the email to, and then click Save.
3. The Advanced Add button will turn green to denote that the email has been successfully added to Salesforce.
4. The email can then be viewed in the Activities History section of Ebsta's Bubble. Clicking on the email subject line (underlined blue) allows you to read the email text.
Note: When you've added an email to Salesforce, Ebsta will include 'Received Email:' or 'Sent Email:' as a prefix to the subject line and will save it as a Completed Task on the date that you received, or sent, the email.
Send + Add
As the name suggests, Send + Add enables you to add emails to Salesforce upon sending.
1. Click the Send + Add button in the compose panel.
2. Ebsta will automatically relate the email to the appropriate record in Salesforce. You can amend this and relate the email to other records as necessary.
3. If you wish to send the email straight away, click Send Email.
The email will be sent and added to Salesforce immediately. You will get a message to confirm this.
4. Alternatively, If you want the email to be added to Salesforce at the point it is sent, click Add on Send.
The Send + Add button will now be green to denote that it will be added to Salesforce upon send.
5. If you want to schedule the email to be sent out on a specific date and time, click the Email Scheduler button.
To learn about Email Scheduling, read the following article:
6. When you are ready to send your email, click Send.